Dr Adnan Tahir was raised in Manchester and was surrounded by medical professionals throughout his childhood. He grew up fascinated by the processes involved with reconstructing the body after injury or illness, and as an adult, chose to specialise in Plastic Surgery. The way in which reconstructive procedures not only resolved complex medical problems, but also provided patients with much needed optimism for a better future, was what convinced him to dedicate his life to this field.
He’s dedicated to ensuring that patients understand the rigors of the treatment, and making sure that they have realistic expectations about the surgery; while making tangible, remarkable differences to their lives. His focus is on improving quality of life while maintaining the highest possible standards in the industry. Looking forwards, Dr. Adnan aims to dedicate time to charitable causes; helping those who are unable to afford health care. He also intends to share his knowledge with local doctors working in challenging situations.
Through the course of his career, Dr. Adnan has had several plastic surgery-related articles published in peer-reviewed journals and has presented at numerous medical events and meetings.
Areas of Expertise
- Breast: Reduction, augmentation, reconstruction and mastectomy (up-to-date techniques such as lipo-transfer)
- Body: Contouring and lipo-sculpting, post massive weight-loss / bariatric surgery.
Academic Awards / Membership
- MSc in Surgical Sciences from the University College of London, UK
- Post-graduate award (PGA) in Medical Education from the University of Warwick, UK
- MRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- BTEC – Principles of Laser, Light and Associated Aesthetic Therapiesfrom Mapperley Park Clinic, UK
- DAFPRS Fellowship (Craniofacial / microsurgery)from Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Plastic Surgery –on the GMC specialist register
- FRCS (Plast)from the Royal College of Surgeons, UK