What is Buttock Augmentation Surgery?
A buttock augmentation surgery is a procedure that reshapes and enhances the appearance of your buttocks, creating a fuller and more shapely profile. The most frequent ways of enlarging and reshaping your buttocks are fat grafting using Bodyjet Liposuction - this involves using your natural fatty tissue from around your waistline (also known as the Brazilian Butt Lift). Your plastic surgeon can also opt for using buttock implants, and occasionally the augmentation can be done with fillers (Sculptra).
When should you consider a Buttock Augmentation?
The procedure Buttock Augmentation is ideal for women who have buttocks that are too small for their frame and would like a more balanced look to enhance their silhouette. For some, the reason could be that they prefer a curvy look. Other factors to consider would be weight loss and ageing which can cause your buttocks to become loose and sagging with a flat appearance.
How is a Buttock Augmentation performed?
The two most popular methods of buttock augmentation are:
- Autologous fat transfer (using your natural fatty tissue - Brazilian Butt Lift, BBL)
- Gluteal implants, with or without fat transfer to assist with contouring that perfect silhouette
Feeling Overwhelmed with Information?
We know what that is like! Use these icons to get in touch with a member of our team directly or click here to get in touch via our Contact form and a member of our team will reach out to you to discretely provide you with more information.
Autologous Fat Transfer
(Brazilian Butt Lift)
Our certified plastic surgeons will remove fatty tissue from areas of your body (such as the abdomen, hips, back, or thighs), using liposuction. After the fat is processed, it is injected back into the allocated areas, and your surgeon will ensure that a smooth, linear deposit of fatty tissue is left to reshape and augment the area.
It is important to note that some fatty tissue will not survive, and the final result might be smaller than what was initially projected. Depending on your expectations and the results, the surgery may have to be repeated.
The benefit of the surgery is not just an improved buttock area but contouring for your lower body, and an improved waistline addressing possible back rolls. Additional skin is not removed in a typical BBL and the “lift” effect is primarily an increase in the projection of the buttocks.
This is the most appropriate treatment for flat or poorly defined buttocks for patients who have limited fatty tissue. However, they are not as effective in treating sagging buttocks after significant weight loss. The buttock implants procedure is done using silicone implants, positioned in a pocket below the large buttock muscle (gluteal) and above the pelvic bone.
Buttock Augmentation - Personalized Treatment Plans
Your surgeon will discuss your health goals and lifestyle patterns including physical activity, and based on this, a personalized buttock augmentation treatment plan will be shared with you.
These will include the surgery approach, the outcomes and risks, and where the surgery will take place. Expectations will be discussed, and a post-surgery recovery plan will be shared.
What happens during your Buttock Augmentation?
- During your consultation at our speciality butt augmentation clinic in Dubai, remember to write down all your possible concerns and questions and have them ready.
- You will be discussing your surgical options, the pros and cons of each, as well as your medical history. The butt augmentation surgeon will need to know all the current medications you are taking and any serious illness you may have had in the past, and as to whether you smoke.
- You will have an examination, including medical photography that will be placed in your confidential medical file (you will sign a consent form for taking, storing, and using the photographs).
- Your height and weight will be measured to ensure that you are physically fit for the operation. It is important to note that if you are planning to fall pregnant, your surgeon might delay the procedure.
Your surgeon will discuss your goals, lifestyle, including physical activity, and based on this a treatment plan will be shared with you.
These will include the surgery approach, such as a combination treatment or type of implant, the outcomes and risks, and where the surgery will take place. Expectations will be discussed, and a post-surgery recovery plan will be shared.
Looking for buttock augmentation in Dubai? Book an appointment or visit our aesthetic clinic in Dubai today!