What is LED Light Therapy?
Let us first tell you a bit of fascinating history.
LED Light Therapy was initially developed by NASA when they were experimenting on plants for optimal growth. It was noticed that the LED treatment promoted cell growth and repair and was therefore useful for humans.
Over the years, doctors have adopted this strategy to promote a rapid recovery for wounds and injuries, with the most exciting use being for skincare.
LED Light Therapy treatment involves converting the light energy to Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP), which happens to be the primary energy source for many cells, including skin cells. This is why LED sessions are efficient for fading acne scars, preventing hair loss, and boosting elastin and collagen production. This treatment is often paired up with other hair and skin treatments to reach the desired results.
Why should you consider LED Light Therapy?
Many patients have no idea as to what goes on with their skin and how they should react to it. Our highly qualified specialist dermatologists undertake LED Light Therapy treatments in sessions that are short yet powerful. You can get a session as quickly as your lunch break. For the best results, we recommend taking more sessions for long-term benefits to help you make the most out of it. Our plastic surgeon suggests combining it with another treatment such as the MesoLED, to boost your results even further.
What is the procedure for LED Light Therapy?
Red and blue wavelengths are the most common frequencies in LED Light Therapy as they are easily absorbed into the skin and has no harmful ultraviolet light.
- Red light treats the epidermis or outer skin layer. When this layer absorbs infrared light, the fibroblast cells that produce collagen proteins are then stimulated, making the skin look smoother, reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Blue light targets the oil glands located in the inner skin layers. By reducing the amount of oil that these glands produce, the skin becomes drier, causing fewer acne breakouts.
What happens during the LED Light Therapy?
- Quite often, multiple LED light therapy treatment sessions may be required.
- A typical treatment session lasts up to 30 minutes.
- Depending on the device being used, you may lay down directly underneath the light source.
- Alternatively, a more targeted mask or wand could be used directly on the area to be treated.
- LED light therapy is mostly used to treat skin issues on the face caused by harsh UV rays and other factors.
How to prepare for LED Light Therapy?
- Use sunscreen to protect your neck, lips and the backs of your hands.
- Carry special glasses or goggles to protect your eyes from harsh UV light.
- Avoid wearing perfumed products, skin creams and heavy make-up just before the session
- Share any history of skin treatments or medicines you may have before treatment to avoid allergic reactions
What can you expect from LED Light Therapy?
- The best part of LED Light Therapy is that it is non-invasive, so you will recover quickly and continue with your everyday activities after your treatment.
- LED Light Therapy roughly requires up to 10 sessions spread out over a week. You will notice minor results after your first session, which will appear more dramatic once you’ve finished all your treatments.
- Note: Despite the recommended number of LED Light Therapy sessions, your results are never permanent.
- Over time, your skin loses collagen and signs of ageing and acne breakouts are visible. It calls for follow-up treatments every few months or as recommended by your expert.
What are the benefits of LED Light Therapy?
LED Light Therapy treats a variety of skin concerns and conditions, while largely promoting anti-ageing effects and reducing inflammation. Its’ key benefits include:
- Hair loss
- Mild to moderate acne
- Rough, scaly, precancerous spots on the skin (actinic keratosis).
- Sun damage
- Wrinkles and fine lines
What are the different types of LED Light Therapy?
LED light therapy uses various wavelengths that correspond to different visible colors. Each color penetrates the skin at different depths.
- Blue light affects the uppermost layer of your skin and destroys acne-causing bacteria
- Yellow light penetrates deeper
- Red light travels further into your skin, helps reduce inflammation and stimulates the production of collagen that helps fight ageing
- Near-infrared light penetrates deepest
LED Light Therapy in Dubai
Not sure which is the best treatment option for you? Speak to our skincare expert right away and let any of our skin experts talk you through your options to give you the best LED Light Therapy in Dubai. Our bespoke treatment packages customised for your requirements at Maison Lutétia.